This adorable crochet baby hat would add the perfect touch to any little girls outfit. I made this hat for a sweet girl due to arrive next month. This is a perfect gift for a baby shower because it works up super quick, and is an easy enough crochet pattern for beginners. The pattern below is for size 6-12 months, but can be customized using a smaller or larger hook size. I hope you enjoy making this baby hat as much as I did!
Crochet Baby Hat with Bow Pattern
You Will Need:
- 2 Skeins of Medium weight in complementary colors. I used Vanna’s Choice Lion Brand 100%Acrylic in Raspberry and Aqua.
- Size 5mm hook. (I use these hooks, and they come in a handy case so you can take them anywhere!)
Abbreviations: (American Terms)
St – Stitch
Ch – Chain
SC – Single crochet
DC – double crochet
Sc2tog – Single Crochet Decrease
Sl st – Slip Stitch
Sk – Skip
Size 6-12 months
Start with 12 DC into magic ring
Round 1: Ch2, DC into same stitch as chain, then 2DC in each DC around. Join with a sl st. (24st)
Round 2: Ch2, 1 DC into same st as ch2. *DC, 2DC in next st* repeat from * all the way around. Join with a sl st. (36st)
Round 3: Ch2, 1DC into same st as ch2. *DC in next two st, 2DC in next st* repeat from * all the way around. Join with a sl st. (48st)
Rounds 4-9: Ch2, 1DC in each st around. Join with a sl st.
Round 10: Ch1 *2SC, sc2tog* repeat from * all the way around. Join with a sl st. Tie off and weave ends in.
- Ch 15
- 1SC in each chain to end.
- Ch1, turn. 1SC in each st to end. Repeat for 8 rows, then tie off and weave in ends.
- Take a yarn and wrap around center of your rectangle. Use that strand of yarn to tie the bow onto the hat. I continued to wrap the yarn around the bow as I was sewing it to the hat.
Please let me know what you think. If you find any problems with the pattern or have any questions, leave a comment below and I will be happy to help you out!