This adorable crochet baby hat would add the perfect touch to any little girls outfit. I made this hat for a sweet girl due to arrive next month. This is a perfect gift for a baby shower because it works up super quick, and is an easy enough crochet pattern for beginners. The pattern below is for size 6-12 months, but can be customized using a smaller or larger hook size. I hope you enjoy making this baby hat as much as I did!
Crochet Baby Hat with Bow Pattern
You Will Need:
- 2 Skeins of Medium weight in complementary colors. I used Vanna’s Choice Lion Brand 100%Acrylic in Raspberry and Aqua.
- Size 5mm hook. (I use these hooks, and they come in a handy case so you can take them anywhere!)
Abbreviations: (American Terms)
St – Stitch
Ch – Chain
SC – Single crochet
DC – double crochet
Sc2tog – Single Crochet Decrease
Sl st – Slip Stitch
Sk – Skip
Size 6-12 months
Start with 12 DC into magic ring
Round 1: Ch2, DC into same stitch as chain, then 2DC in each DC around. Join with a sl st. (24st)
Round 2: Ch2, 1 DC into same st as ch2. *DC, 2DC in next st* repeat from * all the way around. Join with a sl st. (36st)
Round 3: Ch2, 1DC into same st as ch2. *DC in next two st, 2DC in next st* repeat from * all the way around. Join with a sl st. (48st)
Rounds 4-9: Ch2, 1DC in each st around. Join with a sl st.
Round 10: Ch1 *2SC, sc2tog* repeat from * all the way around. Join with a sl st. Tie off and weave ends in.
- Ch 15
- 1SC in each chain to end.
- Ch1, turn. 1SC in each st to end. Repeat for 8 rows, then tie off and weave in ends.
- Take a yarn and wrap around center of your rectangle. Use that strand of yarn to tie the bow onto the hat. I continued to wrap the yarn around the bow as I was sewing it to the hat.
If you prefer, you can add a Crochet Flower instead of the bow. I like to attach the bow and the flower to a hair clip so you can switch it up, depending on your mood or outfit!
Please let me know what you think. If you find any problems with the pattern or have any questions, leave a comment below and I will be happy to help you out!
Leave a Reply