I’m so excited for Spring and everything that comes with that time of year. It’s like a fresh beginning when all the trees start budding and plants sprout up from the ground. It’s a bit early to start thinking about flowers blooming since there’s still snow on the ground, so I set out to bring some colorful cheer into our house with this adorable Easter canvas art.
The kids and I created this super easy and fun Easter canvas art with tissue paper! My kids (ages 4&6) were able to do this craft independently with just a little bit of help getting set up.
How to Make your Easter Egg Canvas Art
- Tissue Paper
- White Glue
- Paper plate or bowl to pour glue into
- 8″x10″Art Canvas
- Water in a cup
- This FREE Printable Easter Egg Template
- Cut Tissue paper into small squares and triangles. It doesn’t have to be perfect, in fact it will look better if its not perfect!
- Pour some glue into your plate or bowl. (I used a paper plate for easy cleanup).
- Now start creating! Place a piece of tissue paper onto your egg template and use the paintbrush to paint the glue over top of the tissue paper. *I found it went on easier if you watered the glue down, or just dip your paintbrush in some water before dipping it in the glue*
- Once you have covered your whole egg with tissue paper, let it dry.
- When your tissue paper is dry cut the egg shape out and glue it onto your canvas! VOILA! Beautiful Easter canvas art that you can enjoy year after year!
I hope you have fun making your own Easter Egg Art!!