Every parent has hidden in the bathroom to try to get some peace and quiet… and I’m not talking about taking a dump.
But they find you. Those munchkins stick their little fingers under the door. They bang on the door, yelling “mommy, mommy, mommy” until you can’t even think anymore, and you just want to curl up into a little ball and hide.
You just can’t escape.
In no way do I recommend these tips as parenting advice, and I assume no responsibility for any damages caused by following these tips. However, I will not judge you if you have already tried these at home. I may, or may not have done all of these at some point…
- Drop the kids off at IKEA’s Smäland and go shop for an hour in silence. Or go sit on one of their toilets in silence without having little fingers peaking under the door.
- Don’t feel like cooking?? Cereal it is! Cereal for breakfast, lunch and dinner! Milk has protein, right? Just throw some fruit on top and you’re good to go.
- Need a nap? There’s an app for that! I don’t think they created the iPad with the intent of babysitting children… but I must say, it does a pretty good job.
- Play “doctor”. This might not be the most relaxing game as your kids shove thermometers in every orifice of your body, but at least you don’t have to get out of bed. Tell your kids you’re too sick to get up and they have to fix you and bring you all the things. I’m waiting for the day when they can bring me coffee in bed.
- Baby Mop! I don’t know if this is constituted as child-labour, but really who cares? I just don’t know why I didn’t think of this sooner!
- 6. Set the clock ahead and tell them it’s bedtime. This advice was given to me by a friend with 5 kids under the age of 7. She is my hero.
- 7. Tell them the pool (or insert other fun, exhausting thing here) is closed. My kids are getting too old to fall for this one, however, I did get a few years out of it.
Well… there you have it, 7 questionable parenting tips. I’m sure I have more… but I’m too tired to think right now.
What are some questionable things you have done as a parent? Let me know in the comments below!
Looking for more parenting advice? Check out my post on how to get your kids to clean up without a fight!